Focused on Gold in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt
Phase 2 Drilling Complete“Our main focus is gold and exploring for gold in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt, discovery’s a tradition there. Our flagship project is the Chimo Mine project. It sits on the Cadillac Fault. And we’ve just completed a two phase job program with a total of about one hundred and five ton drill holes. We’re then going to initiate our resource estimate and we believe that will reward our shareholders in the short term.” – Philippe Cloutier, President & CEO of Cartier ResourcesCartier Resources was founded in 2006 and is based out of Val-d’Or, Quebec. Quebec has consistently ranked high as one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world primarily based on its mineral rich geology, attractive tax environment, and pro-mining government. In 2018, the Fraser Institute again ranked Quebec as one of the best jurisdictions in the world for investment attractiveness.
More on Cartier
- The Corporation has a strong cash position with over $6.5M in the bank and important corporate and institutional investors including Agnico Eagle Mines, JP Morgan UK and the Quebec investment funds.
- Cartier’s strategy is to focus on gold projects that have an exploration potential for rapid expansion.
- The Corporation holds a portfolio of exploration projects in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt in Quebec – one of the most prolific mining regions in the world – the commodity focus is gold.
- The Corporation is focused on advancing its four key projects through drill programs. All of these projects were acquired at very reasonable valuations over the past few years. All of them are drill-ready with targets identified similar to the deposits that have been outlined on each project.
- Phases I and II, carried out by Cartier on the Chimo Mine project, consisted of 105 holes for a total of 47,588 m. This work demonstrated the continuity of the main 5B and 5M gold zones beneath the existing mining infrastructures, explored the extensions of 19 gold zones peripheral to the main zones and further explored the extensions of the 7 prioritized gold zones; which led to the discovery of Zone 5NE as well as to expand the potential of Zones 6N1 and 5M4.